Monday, November 11, 2013

Antony and Karla


Some good news for this week! We've got two baptisms coming up for this week: Antony and Karla. Antony actually showed up to the chapel having already received missionaries in Chiclayo, ready for baptism. He's a funny one ha. I'll send pics when it happens.

We've been working a lot with members (active and inactive) and we're starting to see some potential there. It's kinda hard sometimes waiting for things to happen, but I think we're getting close to seeing some fruits of our labors.

Yeah, i'm just going to apologize right now for this letter being so scatterbrained... so sorry!

This week, we have spent a lot of time walking around, looking for people to teach. Sometimes, i'm just like, "When is the missionary work going to start? Why do we spend so much time just not doing anything but walking? What are we doing wrong?" The fact is, it's not going to be easy to find people who are ready to listen, no matter how life changing and beautiful the message is. Many are called, but few are chosen. But they ARE out there. I've already met many choice people, and that's what I remember when I start to question myself.

In other news, someone told me yesterday that my accent is muy muy bueno! Finally, i'm starting to get this Spanish thing ha! it's weird to think that I am actually having conversations with people in another language all day, every day.

Well, sorry that was so short and probably you're now thinking, "What was the point of that email?" ha ha but, I know this church is the true church, more and more every day. I know that Christ lives, and that our Heavenly Father still works miracles, and that he is always listening and waiting for us to listen back.

les amo mucho
Herman(a) Bennett


---------------------------------------------
Here are pictures! and now i realize they're both of food...


 Us eating lasagna at a member's house. It was delicious.



One of the baby bananas they have here. There are a ton of different bananas. and the fruit is delicious.


i'm getting off the computer. until next week, my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment