Monday, October 21, 2013

MIssion Roller Coaster and Universally Adorable Funny Primary Programs

October 21, 2013

Well, it's transfer time! Today we find out who's going to be where for the next 6 weeks. There's this guy who lives in our area who is from Russia, and then moved to the U.S. and married a Peruvian woman and now they are living here, and he actually spent some time in Utah, so he's knows some stuff about the church and missionary work. He said to me (back when i was with Hermana Johnson), "It's kind of cruel what they do to you: give you a couple months to get used to an area and become friends with your companion, and then just tear you apart." Ha so right now, while i'm inclined to take the same opinion, I'm trying to remember that I will love my next area just as much as I love my dear Santa Anita. Sometimes, I'm even excited to get to know a new area and a new companion! It's just all part of the mission roller coaster.
Last week, we had interviews with the president. Halfway through mine, he stopped and said, "Your Spanish has improved so much! Remember how difficult the first interview was?" And then I actually thought back to those first couple months, and how far I've been blessed to come. Sometimes it's hard to see your own progress until someone else points it out to you. Even though I've got a ways to go, it's nice to know that I've already made some ground (is that a saying? i don't remember) in these 4 months.
I feel like I don't have much to report this week... things were kind of slow and a little difficult. We have a couple recent converts who have gotten back into some old bad habits with drugs and alcohol, which is even more sad based on the fact that they're 17 and 15 years old. But, on the other hand, two other young men who were baptized a couple weeks ago showed up yesterday in suits, ready to pass the sacrament! it was pretty amazing. We also had a primary program during sacrament meeting. It was as adorably funny as all the other primary programs I've seen in my life.
Sorry this email was a little lackluster; the next one will be much better, I promise! And a missionary's promise is the real deal, big time...
K i'm going to stop this rambling nonsense now. Love you all!
Hna Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment